Even I didn't know that this soup is going to be so yummy. If you don't like cabbage then don't add it but it does add a hell a lot of delicious texture!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tin of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small cabbage, shredded
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 cup of peas
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pepper flakes, onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ground cumin, curry powder and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Put potatoes, cabbage, peas and carrots into your slow cooker. Add the lime juice. Cover and cook over night on low heat. Serve warm on top of white rice.