I continuously forget to even buy broccoli and then one day it somehow makes its way into my shopping basket! The cream of broccoli soup is probably THE QUICKEST soup you can make. It is also super yummy. Broccoli is one of the very low calorie vegetables, nevertheless, it is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. If you are running out of time this is a perfect solution for you. Eat it with a wrap or a nice salad and you have a full meal.
- dash of coconut oil
- ¼ onion
- 1 or 1½ of broccoli, cut into florets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 300ml of hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 50ml double cream, plus extra to serve ( or milk)
- optional cheddar cheese
How to do it?
- Heat a wee bit of coconut oil in a deep pan (or a wok), add the onion and fry gently until softened. Add the broccoli florets, salt and freshly ground black pepper and stock and simmer for five minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Be careful with the salt, I always feel it's too much.
- Slowly add the cream (stirring) or a dash of milk.
- While you are waiting for the soup to cool down add some cheddar cheese and let it to melt.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and finish with a little bit of cream and maybe some cheese on top.